This year we’re going to shoot for the stars in the goals we set. If we don’t finish them all, no worries, we may still hit the moon. So, do you want to come along? I guarantee it will be worth your time!
I’m going to assume you’ve decided to join me.
Rocket launches don’t happen overnight. In fact, they begin with a detailed plan.
Your first step is to design your flight plans for 2012!
- Where would you like to go this year (figuratively speaking)?
- What would you like to accomplish?
- What are your family history/genealogy goals for this year?
I’m not just talking about your dreams. I’m talking about going beyond dreaming. If all you do is dream about something, it probably will stay a dream, but if you write it down, actually give it a name, your dreams turn into actions, which become reality.
Now, some people pooh-pooh the idea of setting goals because they set them, then give up early in the game. I’m betting they just didn’t have the goals plugged into the flight plan for a successful rocket launch.
I like goals. I have goals for my health (exercise and proper diet), my personal state of mind (write in my journal more), family, etc. As per my own family history/genealogy goals, this year I plan to:
- Finish adding source citations to Chaplin database
- Finish Chaplin family history and put it online
- Get webpage running
- Write “how-to” books
- Publish dad’s story
- Write Smith or Twogood article and submit it to a periodical
- Plan and present two webinars
- Put Thomas Francis Farrell lineage and story online
- Write quality content on this blog to help you in your research efforts
If you haven’t already, take some time today to make your list, your clearly defined goals for this year. Then, check back for the next few days and I’ll help you file your flight plan and blast off for the stars!
See you in your dreams!
What’s on your list? I want to know so I know how I can help you!