Hi! I’m Susan Farrell Bankhead, a Board-Certified Genealogist(SM).* I am member of the Association of Professional Genealogists and numerous genealogical societies. My goal for this blog is to bring the genealogical community together as we share our trials, traps, and triumphs of genealogy research. I would also like to help encourage those of you who are beginners and intermediates by providing some tools and resources for you to use. If you are new to searching for your family, check out my “Start” Page to help get you going.
Education & Coursework Completed:
- Institute of Genealogical Historical Research (IGHR) – Advanced Methodology & Evidence Analysis by Elizabeth Shown MIlls; Writing and Publishing for Genealogists by Thomas W. Jones
- Salt Lake Institute of Genealogy (SLIG) – Preparing a Family History in the New Millennium by John Philip Colletta, PhD
- National Institute on Genealogical Research (NIGR)
- Attended Board for Certification Workshops
- Master of Arts Degree (U.S. History)
- Bachelor of Arts Degree (U.S. History)
Onsite Research Experience in Courthouses, Cemeteries, and Historical Societies:
- U.S.: New England, New York, mid-West, and the West
- Canada: Ontario and Quebec
- British Isles: England and Ireland
Share your stories: I’d love to post your genealogy search stories. Please email them to me at susanbankhead @ msn.com Include the following permissions:
- I permit Susan Bankhead to use my story as a post in Susan’s Genealogy Blog, and permit her to edit or rewrite it as needed.
- I permit Susan Bankhead to use my story in any books published from Susan’s Genealogy Blog.
- Sign and date your entries. Thank you!
Comment policy: I welcome your comments or questions at the bottom of each post. I reserve the right to edit or delete any comments that are profane, hateful, offensive, attacking, spam, off-topic, or detracts from the blog discussion. Comments containing more than three links will automatically be deleted as spam.
Copyright: All blog postings on this site are copyrighted. You may forward blog postings on the blog site to interested parties, but please do not reproduce the contents without securing permission from me.
*”CG” & “Certified Genealogist” are service marks of the Board for Certification of Genealogists, and are used by authorized associates following periodic, peer-reviewed competency evaluations. Certificate No. 1010, expires 17 Jan 2016.